Qualifying for a Local School Pass
All purchases for our Local School Passes are audited against the roles of qualifying schools, passes purchased by students not in attendance of a local school will be cancelled without refund. If your child qualifies for a Local School Pass you will have received the link to purchase directly from the school your child attends.
Please note that children local to the area and attending boarding school in another region do not qualify for the Local School Pass.
2022 Mt Hutt Local School Pass benefits include:
- Free Night Ski at Coronet Peak, 4-9pm on Wednesday & Friday nights from 22nd June – 2nd Sept and the three school holiday Saturdays in July.
- 10% discount at the Snow Shop retail outlets on the mountains and the Queenstown Snow Centre (offer does not apply to sale items or other special offers)
- 10% discount at the ski repair workshop on the mountains
- 15% discount on Coronet Peak summer activities
- 20% off standard full-day lift pass prices at Ohau Ski Field for 2022
- 3 Peak Pass holders receive 50% off single day passes at all Mountain Collective resorts for the 2022/2023 ski season.
- Ultimate Hikes: Walk the Routeburn or Milford Track over the 2022/23 summer and save 10%. Discount is valid for 2022 season pass holders and must be booked by the end of our winter season. T&Cs apply.
- The Hermitage: Experience Winter in the Alps at the Hermitage and receive 10% off any room or activity booking. Discount is valid for season pass holders only. Quote Snow10% when booking. Offer excludes food and beverage, retail items or any packaged deals. Not able to be combined with any package. T&Cs apply.
Terms and conditions apply.
First Tracks Season Pass:
Add a First Tracks Season Pass to your 3 Peak Pass and enjoy the freshies with a lucky few between 8-9am at Coronet Peak and Mt Hutt (weekends only at Hutt). Perfect for powder days or carving corduroy before work. First Tracks operates from late June to late in the season, subject to conditions. A First Tracks Season Pass costs $269 in Super Earlybird (15 Oct - 11 Nov 2021) and then goes up to $289 from 12 November.
Save lugging your gear up the mountain every day and shred on freshly tuned equipment all season. Our Full-Season Rentals are available to add on to your 3 Peak Pass or Mt Hutt Season Pass at the Earlybird price of $279 for adults and $219 for children (available until 31 March 2022). Our 2022 In-Season pricing is $399 for adults and $349 for children. Collect your gear daily from our rentals team on the mountain. Only available with a full season pass. Note that the season rental does not include clothing, helmets or performance equipment and cannot be upgraded to performance gear for the standard upgrade price.
No Questions Asked Refund Policy
For your peace of mind, we are bringing back our no questions asked refund policy for 2022 3 Peak Pass and Mt Hutt Season Pass Holders. If you purchase your 2022 Season Pass before the 1st of April 2022 you have until 12 am (midnight) on 1 June 2022 to decide if you would like to use your Season Pass for the 2022 ski season. If you do not wish to use your Season Pass you must request a refund by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org before 12 am (midnight) on 1 June 2022. Terms and conditions apply.
If you have some questions or are not sure about what pass is right for your child, please see answers to our frequently asked questions below. If you’re still unsure, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
WHAT DATE DO APPLICATIONS CLOSE?
The deadline for purchasing your Mt Hutt Local School Pass is Thursday the 31st of March, with sales closing at 5pm. After this time the link to purchase will no longer be available online.
WHAT PASS DO I PURCHASE FOR MY CHILD AGED 7 AND UNDER?
If your child is ages 7 & under can can purchase them a FREE 3 Peak Season pass here. The 7 and under season pass is available free of charge, can be purchased at any time and provides lift access to all NZSki mountains.
WHAT ABOUT PHOTOS?
Profile pictures can be taken on your child’s first day on the mountain. If your child had their picture taken last year and still has their pass, they’re ready to head straight to the lifts!
WHERE DO I COLLECT MY CHILD’S PASS?
If your child has never had a pass before, or you can’t find your pass from last year, you can collect a new pass from us. We recommend popping in to visit us at the Mt Hutt office at 94 Main Street, Methven, pre-season to avoid early season queues, otherwise you can collect from Guest Services on the mountain. Please note that in the week up to opening day our Methven Office will not be manned from the 3rd of June, as we will have moved our operations to the mountain.
MY CHILD NOW HAS A 3 PEAK PASS, CAN I UPGRADE MINE?
Yes! You can upgrade to the 3 Peak pass at the same rate you purchased your Mt Hutt pass provided you upgrade before the 31st of July 2022. For example, if you purchased at early bird rate, you can upgrade to 3 Peak Pass at the earlybird price until the 31st of July. After this time, in -season rates apply for any upgrades. The 3 Peak Pass and Mt Hutt pass are on sale at the super early bird rate until the 11th of November early bird prices until March the 31st, 2022.